A recipe inspired by a current addiction: Coconut M&Ms! A good friend introduced me to these delectable little candies and now I can’t stop craving them (thanks Brian!). They also made me miss Hawai’i like crazy. Coconut M&Ms are a limited edition flavor, so go out and get some while you can! I think I may go stock up on a few bags.
These cookies are a perfect little treat to welcome in the warm weather and make you crave the beach, the ocean and all things tropical.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter (soft, not melted)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups coconut flakes
3 oz Coconut M&Ms
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine the all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well, then set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth and creamy. Beat in the egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
Note: I used an electric mixer, which did a wonderful job – and less work for me – ha!
4. Slowly mix in the flour mixture, then the coconut flakes and the M&Ms.
5. Place the dough in 1 inch diameter balls onto a greased cookie sheet. Dough should be about 2-3 inches apart.
6. Bake for about 8 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cookies are lightly golden.
7. Remove cookies from the oven and let cool.
8. Enjoy with a tall glass of milk, or piña colada!
If you enjoyed this post, Get free updates via RSS or Email and connect with me on