Here’s my first recipe attempt using POM Wonderful pomegranate juice. Love that pomegranate juice!
One mistake that I made was that I didn’t let the pomegranate sauce simmer for long enough so it was still a little watery when I served it – still delicious though! My husband cleaned his plate and went back for seconds, and thirds!
Ingredients (2 servings)
Pomegranate Orange Chicken Scallopini
1/2 cup POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
1/4 cup orange juice
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup all-purpose flour
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon of butter
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon oregano
Penne with Asparagus
1 cup uncooked penne pasta
1/2 yellow onion – diced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
Fresh ground pepper
Red chili flakes
1 cup asparagus – cut into 1 inch pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Start cooking the penne pasta according to the box.
2. Combine the POM Wonderful Pomegranate juice, orange juice, brown sugar, basil and oregano in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Then let simmer while you prepare the rest of the meal.
4. Place the all-purpose flour onto a plate and season it with salt and pepper. Also season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
5. Heat 1 cup of vegetable oil in a skillet, add 1 tablespoon of butter.
6.While the oil is heating up, coat the chicken breasts well in the flour. Shake off the excess flour.
7. When the butter foam starts to subside, add the chicken to the skillet. Brown the chicken on both sides (about 1-2 min per side)
8. When chicken is done, cut the meat into strips and transfer to a warm plate and cover with aluminum foil.
9. Drain the cooked penne pasta and set aside.
10. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a saucepan (I used a wok), and add diced onions and minced garlic
11. After about 1 minute, add the asparagus. Saute for about 2 minutes.
12. Add the penne pasta, fresh ground pepper and red chili flakes. Add the pepper and chili flakes to taste. Saute for about one minute. Remove from heat.
13. Check on the pomegranate mixture, it should be a tad thicker by now.
14. Spoon the pomegranate mixture over the chicken.