One of my favorite things to do when cooking is chopping up fresh basil. The aroma when cutting up freshly picked herbs is just amazing. Plus, we have a crazy abundance of basil in our garden so of course I had to make a dish using tons of fresh basil!
Lemon basil shrimp with pasta is a nice easy, light dish to make during the summer. I like to think of it as a sort of pasta and salad hybrid.
This entry is especially special because it was my first video shoot experiment with Yesenia (of Doggy Baby). I’ve always been a behind-the-camera type person so being in front of a video camera scares the bejesus out of me. I always end up acting super cheesy and awkward – so I’m going to apologize in advance for that.
Video is in editing phase, we used two camcorders – one that is mine, and Yesenia’s flip camera. So, the video will be posted as soon as we get all the footage together, and edited! Lots and lots of editing! **wink**
Ingredients: (4 Servings)
- 8 oz. uncooked spaghetti
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh garlic
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta according to directions on box. When done, drain and set aside.
Had to take a quick photo of the steam coming out of the boiling pot of water – tribute to our logo!
2. Add olive oil to a saute pan and saute with garlic and shrimp over medium heat.
3. Turn heat down to low and stir in basil, lemon juice and salt & pepper to taste.
4. Place 1/2 cup spinach on each plate. Then top each serving with pasta dish.