It’s summer, and that means sangria, watermelon and summer BBQs. We hosted a BBQ at our little home in the ‘burbs this past weekend and I got to test my hand out at grilling shrimp. It’s a great, simple recipe if you’re looking for alternative to your typical burgers and dogs.
Ingredients (makes 8-10 servings):
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cloves minced fresh garlic
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of pepper
1. Combine lime juice, olive oil, red vinegar, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, garlic, and crushed red pepper in a large bowl; mix well.
3. Cover the bowl let the shrimp marinate in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
4. Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
5. Place shrimp in a grill basket, and grill for 5 to 6 minutes. Be sure to stir regularly while cooking