Simple warm berry compote with thyme for a savory twist: Serve it over a bowl of vanilla ice cream. This is a perfect summer afternoon snack or dessert, especially when the fresh berries are in season.
What makes it even better is that it takes less than 10 minutes to whip up, it’s so simple and oh so tasty.
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup blackberries
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 lemon, freshly squeezed for juice
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
1 cup raspberries
1. Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
2. Stir in blackberries, sugar, and lemon juice.
3. Cook until juices are released from fruit, about 4 minutes.
4. Stir in thyme, then raspberries. Add more sugar and lemon juice to taste.
5. Serve warm over vanilla ice cream.