I have the privilege of working from my home office most days. While this means that I don’t need to battle the insane Atlanta rush hour traffic, it also means that I cook lunch on those days when I am at home (it’s also a by product of being a vegetarian).
Lunchtime is always a rush to get food made, eaten and cleaned up all before I forget where I am in web design projects and photo editing. Here’s a quick and tasty pasta dish that is great for a fast lunch, and also fantastic if you’ve had a long morning and are needing something filling.
Ingredients (1 serving):
- 1 cup uncooked penne
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 zucchini (sliced and diced)
- 1 Roma tomato (cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon goat cheese (crumbled)
1. Cook the penne according to the instructions on the box.
Note: This is a good time to prep the vegetables
2. When the penne is done, drain in a colander and set aside.
3. In a large pan or small wok, heat up the olive oil over medium high heat, then add the garlic and saute for about 1 minute.
4. Add the zucchini to the garlic and saute for another minute.
5. Add the tomato and the spaghetti sauce, saute for 1 minute, then turn the heat down to low and let the sauce mixture simmer for about 2 minutes.
6. Add the cooked penne to the sauce and mix well to coat the penne.
7. Spoon the pasta into a bowl and sprinkle the crumbled goat cheese on top.
8. Serve and enjoy!