As I sit and ponder what to do with the gallon of strawberries that I brought home from Washington Farms, I think to myself…what goes well with strawberries… well, chocolate of course!
Although I do love my chocolate, I didn’t want to overpower this bread with chocolate flavor too much. So I only used chocolate chips, and did not add cocoa powder to the batter. The bread turned out very tasty and was a great combination of the chocolate and strawberry flavors. Make sure that you’re hungry when the bread comes out of the oven because you’ll want to dig right on in!
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan.
2. Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in large bowl and mix well.
3. Beat the eggs into the oil, then add the strawberries and chocolate chips and mix well.
4. Add strawberry mixture to flour mixture, mix together until the batter is even.
5. Pour the mixture into the loaf pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
6. Cut the loaf into 1/2″ slices, serve and enjoy!