Sometimes you just have a dish, and you just can’t get it out of your mind. I admit… this happens to me, a lot. Maybe too much. Yeah okay, I love food.
So there was this salad that I had on one of our trips to the World Peace Cafe in Sandy Springs, GA. If you haven’t heard of them, the World Peace Cafe is a great little eatery that serves vegetarian and vegan dishes. The people who run World Peace Cafe are dedicated to making the world a better place by serving organic, fair-trade coffee, using biodegradable take-out packaging and supporting local businesses by purchasing their produce from local farmers markets.
And the salad that I’ve been craving and obsessing over: the Sun Salad. This is my version of it. Let me tell you, this is one easy, yet tasty salad.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 3 cups spring salad (your choice, I used some lettuce that I purchase from the farmers market)
- dried cranberries
- pine nuts
- 1 avocado
1. Cut or tear the lettuce into slightly larger than bite size pieces, then place on a salad plate.
2. Sprinkle the dried cranberries and pine nuts on top. As much or less as you like.
3. Cut the avocado into quarter inch thick slices and lay on top of the salad, half an avocado for each salad plate.
4. Serve with your favorite vinaigrette dressing, and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this post, Get free updates via RSS or Email and connect with me on