Springtime to us means a day trip to the strawberry farm. After coming home with a gallon of fresh strawberries, the next thing to do was to start whipping up some recipes using these amazingly delicious berries.
First up, strawberry banana pancakes. This is easily the best pancake I have ever eaten. Maybe I haven’t tried enough pancakes, but these are amazing. I didn’t completely make these from scratch, I used pancake mix instead of going with flour, baking powder, etc. So, that made the pancake process a bit faster.
Ingredients (makes about 12 pancakes):
- pancake mix or all-purpose baking mix
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 very ripe banana (mashed)
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries (sliced into small pieces)
- Optional: powdered sugar and maple syrup for serving
1. Mix the pancake mix, milk, vanilla extract egg and mashed banana in a large mixing bowl until the mixture is smooth and well-blended.
2. Fold the strawberries to the pancake mixture.
3. Heat a lightly greased griddle on medium high heat. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto the griddle.
4. Cook until you see bubbles on the surface of the pancake, then flip the cake using a spatula and cook until golden.
5. Top with powdered sugar and syrup, if desired, serve and enjoy!