Happy Monday y’all! I’m pumped and ready to get this week started, how about you?
The little Chinese eggplant plant that we have in our garden is finally producing some lovely eggplants.
This is a tasty dish that you can easily whip up as a main or side dish. This is an update to this post from back in Feb 2010.
I’m looking forward to a busy, busy week. I’m all ready to go – already had my 2 lattes for the morning – yikes!
|Chinese Sauteed Eggplant||
- 2 small Chinese eggplants, or 1 medium/large Chinese eggplant
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 bunches of green onions, cut into 1/2 inch long pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Chop the eggplant up into pieces, by slicing diagonally.
- Cover the bottom of the wok with vegetable oil.
- Saute the ginger and garlic in the oil
- After about 1 minute add the eggplant slices.
- When the eggplant starts getting a bit softer (about 4 minutes) Add the soy sauce, sugar and red pepper flakes.
- After about 1 minute, add the green onions. Optional: reserve about 1/4 of the green onions to garnish the dish after cooking.
- Saute for another minute, then add the sesame oil.
- After another minute, remove from heat.
- Optional: Garnish with remaining green onions
- Serve with rice and enjoy!