I hope you all are having a great Friday! We are in Orlando right now on a spur of the moment vacation.
Today, we’re going to be exploring Harry Potter World at Islands of Adventure. I’m looking forward to trying some butter beer and exploring the Honeydukes Sweetshop. What can I say? We’re nerds and we love it!
For now, I will leave you with these treats that were inspired by my friend, Patricia. This grown-up version of the beloved childhood treat can be made a couple days beforehand and are just the perfect party
I bet you were wondering why we were teasing our dogs with caramel candies.
I was getting ready to make these sea salt caramel rice krispie treats – and was not relentlessly teasing our dogs. I promise.
|Sea Salt Caramel Rice Krispie Treats||
- 3/4 stick butter
- 1 bag mini marshmallows (10.5oz)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 of a 14oz bag of caramel candies, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat
- When the butter is melted, stir in the marshmallows, keep stirring until the marshmallows are melted – about 2 to 3 minutes
- Stir in the cereal and sea salt. Mix well.
- Place the cereal mixture into a pre-sprayed 9″ by 13″ cake pan.
- Use a silicon paddle to press the cereal mixture evenly into the pan. Set aside to cool
- Melt the caramel and half & half in a small saucepan over low heat.
- When the caramel mixture has melted, scoop some into a pastry bag or a sandwich bag with a small hole cut out in the corner.
- Squeeze the caramel onto the tops of the rice krispie treats, you can do this before or after cutting them into small squares. I find it easier to do after the treats have been cut out and removed from the pan.
- Optional: Sprinkle a tad bit of sea salt on top of the caramel.
- Serve and enjoy! And try to not eat the whole pan.
If you enjoyed this post, Get free updates via RSS or Email and connect with me on