Every year, on July 4th, Paul and I run the Peachtree Road Race.
Except this year, I decided to sit this one out. I probably could’ve walked the race, but after getting heat exhaustion last year, I decided to play it safe.
So I camped out on the last 0.2 mile stretch of the race, and enjoyed myself quite a bit. I’ve never been able to watch the leaders of the race run by. Watching world-class athletes is just spectacular to me.
These guys amaze me. They make it look so easy (click on photo for larger view).
After the race, we spotted King of Pops on our walk back to the MARTA (subway) station. Of course, I made Paul stop and get a pop – a Patriot Pop, at that! And pose with it as well.
Then I ate the popsicle, but no one needs to know that.
And I don’t know about you, but I’m looking forward to the weekend so that we can continue on with the festivities. I guess that the great and bad thing about a holiday being smack dab in the middle of the work week.
Here are a few recipes from the archives that would be perfect for a cookout at home or a family gathering:
1. Fig, Goat Cheese and Arugula Flatbread
2. Fried Green Tomatoes with Guthrie’s Sauce
3. Heirloom Tomato and Roasted Corn Salad
4. Mango Blueberry Quinoa Salad
5. Asian Barbeque Tofu Sandwich
6. Low Country Boil
7. Grilled Asparagus with Mushrooms and Onions
8. Blackberry Lemon Goat Cheese Cheesecakes in a Jar
9. Sea Salt Caramel Rice Krispie Treats